
Lloyd Wayne McConnell Korean War Medal
When I found out about this award medal from my cousin Vernard's wife, I decided that my brother needed to have this medal even tho he had passed away. The criteria for this medal was that you must have served between the outbreak of hostilities, June25, 1950 and the date of armistice which was signed July 1953.
I gathered the needed paperwork and information and sent it in and in a short time I recieved the medal and a letter from the Korean Defense Minister, Seang Tae Cho. This medal was available to the veterans of the conflict or to their surviving next of kin. I decided that I would give this medal to his wife, LaDonna and she could give it to his grandson Aaron. This was a good way to show a tribute to those who served in this war.
No comments:
Post a Comment